Last updated 19th October 2022
Who are we?
You Understood is a brand of Third Platform Technologies Ltd (hereinafter referred to as YU). Our registered company number is SC629618, and our registered address is 30/5 Hardengreen Road, Eskbank, EH22 3NX. Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Hutchinson. He can be contacted on email@example.com.
Types of information we collect
First and last name, email address, date of birth*, location, department/team, employee number (or similar identifier provided by an employer if required).
*Users who sign up to YU via one of our third party Health & Wellbeing partners may be required to provide us with their date of birth on sign up. This will be deleted as soon as registration eligibility is confirmed.
Marketing and Communications Data
Your preferences in receiving marketing and other communications from us.
This is inferred or assumed information relating to your behaviour and interests, based on your online activity. This information helps us understand the popularity of our features and to tailor your experience.
Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, device ID, usage data, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or use our services. You can contact us via the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like the full list of technical data collected. Technical data also includes intelligence experience information such as recording what links you click on and how often you visit certain pages.
Information and content that you submit to our platform such as when you fill in free text fields.
Aggregated data is information that we collect from multiple sources and individuals in an anonymous format which allows us to prepare data summaries or summary reports for our clients (your employer). Aggregated Data does not constitute Personal Data as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. We have an anonymity threshold of six people or more. This means that we will endeavour to ensure that we do not anonymise or aggregate any personal data where there are less than six people within the dataset to prevent the risk of it becoming identifiable again.
Special Category Data
Special Categories of Personal Data include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetics, and biometric data. Since you are able to upload details of your mood or mental state on our platform, the data you provide us may contain data relating to your health or other Special Categories of Personal Data. Using this feature is optional; YU will never require you to provide us with special category data in order to use our service.
Cookies and Similar tracking technologies
Information from Third Party Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources, including transaction information from third party app stores you use to install our app or purchase a subscription, and name and contact information from third party calendar services. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media service account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your name and other account information, in accordance with the authorisation procedures set by that social media service. Finally, we may obtain information about you from publicly available sources, marketing and advertising partners, consumer research platforms, and/or business contact databases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including debugging to identify and repair errors, and developing new products and services;
- Process transactions and fulfil orders;
- Send you transactional or relationship messages, such as receipts, account notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by YU and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you (see the "Your Choices" section below for information on how to opt- out of marketing messages);
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of YU and others, including enforcing our agreements and policies. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings and other compliance activities;
- Personalise your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behaviour; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including court order, subpoena, or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of YU or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among YU and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on our Services with third party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via our Services.
We also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties. For example, we sometimes share aggregate information with research organisations to help facilitate their research.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Data transfers, storage and processing
Occasionally, we may need to share, store and process your Personal Data with third party processors who are located outside of your country. Our platform is hosted in the UK, so your information will be processed in the UK. However, as some of our trusted third parties are located outside the UK, there may be times when your information may be transferred, disclosed or processed in another country (for example, the EU or the United States).YU uses mechanisms such as the UK GDPR to transfer your information to other countries outside of the UK.
Our policy on children
We believe that mental health is for everyone, but our platform has been designed for individuals over the age of 16. So, if you are under the age of 16, we encourage you to reach out to an adult or someone you trust but ask that you don’t use our platform.
You may update certain account information you provide to us (such as your password, name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us through our Help Centre at email@example.com. If you wish to disable your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we retain certain information when required or permitted by law. We also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from YU by following the instructions in those emails or by logging into your account. If you opt-out, we may still send you non- promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we send promotional and other push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Data Access and Deletion
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, we honour the exercise of the right of access or deletion for all of our users, including the right to be forgotten, regardless of their location. Any YU user may exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com.